Saturday, April 9, 2011

BP4_PodOmatic



For my Web 2.0 Tool Review this week I chose PodOmatic http://www.podomatic.com
PodOmatic is a site where you can search for podcasts in many categories to use in your environment, as well as easily create and publish podcasts of your own. I signed up for the Basic account, which is free!
My intial thought is that this would be a great addition to the “Exploring Web 2.0 “ Summer Enrichment Course I am currently designing in Schoology, as I am sure students could have fun creating their own podcast episodes.
In my teaching environment, I have toyed with the idea of creating podcasts to attach to my school website as an innovative way to communicate with my students and their families.
This assignment gives me the push I needed to go through the steps! First I titled my podcast “Take Note” and wrote the description about why I’ve created it and who the target audience is. I uploaded an audio file of my original composition “Learning to Read Music” and a photo of my classroom. I tagged the podcast with “General Music” and “Kathy Kellen”. It is appropriate for all audiences, so no filter is necessary. I scripted and recorded a short message detailing what is happening in my classes. Then I published my podcast! Podcasts from PodOmatic can be posted on Facebook, Blogger and a wide variety of other social networks. The embed code may also be copied and used on your personal website.
I am including a Screenflow of my newly created podcast episode. Give PodOmatic a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment